Tilt Beta Testing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game instructions confusing

3 posters

Go down

Game instructions confusing Empty Game instructions confusing

Post  skywalker404 Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:18 am

I haven't yet been able to figure out exactly why, but I've found the beginning game instructions confusing. (I've played the game a total of 5 times, and looking at the tutorial I'm still unsure what it means.)

Off the cuff, I think it's the 3rd screen that I'm finding confusing, and that's because it seems to have too many explanations. It's introducing the score bar (1st element), and it also seems to be reiterating the previous screen (2nd element). And then there's the 3rd element, and I'm not even sure what that is. Actually, in looking at it, I just noticed the +/- 1's... This is a scoring explanation, isn't it?

I think it might be better if it only showed a single +1 and a single -1, and then the next screen had all the +1 / -1 possibilities.

skywalker404

Back to top Go down

Game instructions confusing Empty Re: Game instructions confusing

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Yes the 3rd screen shows the scoring system as also does the 2nd screen. The second screen is more of the controls screen though. It represents how the user should move the device to in order to score points.

We wanted to reiterate it so that the user would be able to figure it out from either screen, but this might actually in turn cause more confusion.

We will have to look into this.

Thanks and happy Tilting,

~Tilt Team

Like a Star @ heaven

Admin
Admin

https://tilt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicole Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:53 am

Hi Skywalker404 !

Welcome to the forums!

Have these instructions gotten any less confusing as you've played? Or are the instructions still unclear regardless of how well you know the game.

Game On!

\o/
Nicole

Nicole

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down