Some feedback on Scene 2 (Fire and coal levels)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some feedback on Scene 2 (Fire and coal levels)

Post  iggymedeiros on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Here's some feedback on Scene 2/Fire-coal:
I like how on level 1 it starts out with a bunch of leaves falling. It makes me wonder if they are coming from the dead looking branch/tree above.
Collecting the water droplets feels REALLY rewarding since this environment looks so dry, and also because the blue stands out.
There's a certain level of frustration when I can't collect all the falling leaves. Not in a bad sense, it just makes me want to pay attention next time they fall.
Eating the pink looking carbon also feels very rewarding. I particularly like level 2 with its flurry of good carbon drops.
Level 3 seemed to be the most challenging. The slow moving leaves riding right next to the good coals were not easy to deal with. Level 4 as well, but this time we have more control over the drops. It's rewarding to hear Flip eating like 4-5 good items in a row, instead of them all bunched together and hearing only one sound.
Level 5 feels very harmonious... not sure why, but I like how the drops move a little slower, it helps set the mood.
As far as suggestions, what if one of the drops had a certain trait that made you move to the north position? I mean maybe a puzzle that force you to move there so the player can get used to going there, as if teaching him/her to what is to come.
Cheers!
-Iggy cheers

iggymedeiros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some feedback on Scene 2 (Fire and coal levels)

Post  Nicole on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Welcome to the forums Iggy!!

Nice emoticon!

Sounds like we get hard a little too early in the sequence of levels the 4th and 5th levels in a scene should be the most difficult.

For levels 8, 9 , and 10 where there too many leaves for you? What did you think about them going in front or behind the Coal Goal Drop?

Excellent point about the lack of North going drops! We need players to have fun with the North jump point!\\

Game On!
\o/
Nicole

Nicole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicole on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:05 am

Does Scene 2 Fire/Coal need another puzzle or pattern to it? Or is there enough variety in things to do?

\o/
Nicole

Nicole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicole on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Shuffled the levels for the next build (0.4.022) what was 8, 9, 10 is now 9,10,8. The challenge ramp is much better.

Also added more Easy fun to these levels: more carbon polluted wind and updrafts of leaves.

Thanks for the feedback Iggy!! Scene 2 got a lot more fun today with your input! =D =D =D

You're a Rock Star!

\o/
Nicole

Nicole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top